Friday, May 9, 2008

W6D3

I completed this run out of cheer will; looking back on it now, it wasn't so bad. My body may not agree though. I really need to do some yoga soon. I didn't even ride my bike to work today, which pains me. I am considering starting week 7 on Monday instead of Sunday since tomorrow will be hard on my body too with a trip to Disney and swing dancing at night. I hope I have the energy for all that.

I got my new watch yesterday and was really excited to try it out this morning. Yesterday was a crappy day in general, but as the evening drew near my right knee started acting up. I was upset that it might prevent me from running today. It wasn't very painful, but bothersome enough that I may not want to risk it. I iced it for a bit; I figured it couldn't hurt. My calves also ached. I am not sure why, except maybe from biking, but I only biked a total of 4 miles (2 each to and from work) at a leisurely pace.

This morning I woke up all achy and did not want to get up to face the fact I may not be able to run. As a result, I got started late and it was already rather warm. I was sweating within the first 5 minutes. I warmed up and stretched a bit inside, then took a 1/2 mile walk to warm up. My new watch says that took about 8 minutes. Then I started to run very very slowly. My knee felt fine, but I didn't want to take any chances. The watch kept beeping at me to speed up, so I finally turned off that feature. The funny thing is that towards the end I was speeding up and it beeped at me to slow down *lol* I think I am going to leave those alerts off until I get used to it, or set them to something custom that works better for me.

Anyway, I ran 1.63 miles in 25 minutes at an average pace of 15:22 with speeds ranging from 3.9 to 5.2 mph. This does not count the warm up and cool down that I recorded separately. Including these I covered a total distance of 2.65 miles in 43:36 and burned 190 calories (this seems low to me, is it?).

I may have covered less distance than the 20 minute run, but that was during a race and I had to estimate the distance, so who knows. I am thinking I may get closer to the 2 - 2.5 mile mark towards the last run of the week, but I am not going to worry too much about it. I'll try to push myself a tad each run to try to get there, but I was not about to do that today and risk real injury to my knee.

The watch worked out well. Read my review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails