Thursday, May 22, 2008
- Pita bread (I used Toufayan whole wheat)
- black olives
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- basil leaves
- spinach (I omited this)
- feta cheese
- mozzarella/parmesan cheese (forgot about this)
-tomatoes (omited this, the paste was enough for me)
- crushed red pepper (omited this--didnt have it and don't like spicy)
- garlic clove
- tomato paste
- anything else you'd like to top your pizza with (I added onions)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray the pita with olive oil cooking spray and place in oven for about 5 minutes.
- While its heating, in a seperate bowl, mix sliced olives, balsamic vinegar (2 tsps), oregano (to taste), crushed red pepper (to taste), and one minced garlic clove (or more if you're into garlicky), and one teaspoon olive oil (you can skip that too if wanted), and lastly tomato paste (about as much as you'd like it to be tomatoey).
- Smear this mix on the pita.
- Now top with spinach, cut tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, and whatever else, about as much as each will take. Sprinkle some feta cheese on each and some mozzarella cheese if you want.
- Put it back in the oven for 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is all melted.