Weekend and Nutrition
Jason leaves for the BABE Rally soon and we had a send-off party on Saturday. That means I didn't eat the best that day, but I didn't do too bad. I made a tray of veggies and healthy-ish crackers/chips with hummus (never you mind about that slice of pizza and handful of cheese puffs). I am hoping to not eat out again until after Jason returns next week. I also really want to start eating more veggies and fruits and less snacks made by nabisco (even if each pack is only 100 calories), so I went to the farmer's market this weekend and loaded up on all kinds of fruits and veggies. I keep meaning to make a fruit salad, but haven't gotten around to cutting up all that fruit yet. I did get some yogurt that was on sale at Publix last Friday and made some smoothies. Yum! Oh yeah, so I think I like yogurt now :) I think maybe I just had crappy yogurt or something before.
I am up to 28 minutes of straight running and came very close on Saturday to running 2 miles (1.96 mi). I have W8D3 on Wednesday and I plan to run 2 miles regardless of if it takes me longer than the 28 minutes. At this point I am thinking of switching to distance and just increasing it by 1/4 mile each week until I reach 5k. If my calculations are correct, that would match up exactly with th 5K in June with the first 3 mile run being on that Sat.
5K on Saturday
I have a 5K this weekend and I am wrestling with what I want to get out of it. I will be running it alone, so I won't feel like I am competing with anyone. I wanted to try to run the whole thing, but I just don't think I am ready for that yet and don't want to rush it. So is it more important to run the whole thing or to throw a few minutes of walking here and there and try to better my time? I am thinking that trying to make it in under 40 minutes, even if I have to walk some, is an easier goal right now and my body will thank me later. We'll see how I feel come Sat a.m. I am leaning towards running most of it with a few walk breaks after each mile or so (or at water stops).
So here is a recap of my goals for this week:
- [DONE] Run 28 minutes without walking (C25K Week 8)
- Run 2 miles without walking [Almost there -- reached 1.96]
- Bike a total of 16-20 miles (~4/day)
- Run a total of 6 miles (~2/day) [3.86 down, 2.14 to go -- I'll be a little short, but that's ok]
- Light weights at least 2 days [I've really been slacking on this]
- Yoga at least 2 days [I really need to get in at least one long session, but I'm doing yoga pre and post running to warm up and stretch]
- Kickboxing at least 1 day [I think I may stop trying to fit this in. The running and biking takes up enough time, so I better focus on strength and flexibility training for now]