I made a post back in May with yoga for runners resources. I thought I'd revisit it for those new to this blog and to recommend a few more sites and DVDs.
DVDsRodney Yee is my favorite yoga instructor. All his DVDs are excellent. Here are some of my favorites that I've tried.
- A.M. and P.M. Yoga - 20 mins -- he leads the a.m practice; Patricia Walden leads the p.m one; they are each 20 minutes
- Power Yoga - Total Body Workout - this one 1 hour yoga practice is a really good workout. Don't do this one if you are looking to relax, though it does offer that benefit too, but you'll break a sweat.)
- Yoga Conditioning for Athletes - this DVD includes a 1 hour practice geared towards athletes plus several sport specific mini workouts (cycling, running, golf, swimming, and tennis) about 3-5 mins each that can be used as a pre/post run stretch
- A.M. Yoga for Your Week - this DVD has 5 different 20-25 minute yoga sessions to start the day: staning poses, back bends, forward bends, twists, and hip openners. They are great to start the day or as a cool down stretch after a long run.
- iYogaLife for Runners - a great site with free videos of yoga poses and sequences organized by needs (e.g. yoga for runners ...). A good place to start is their pre-run poses and post-run stretches.
- YogaDownload.com - Yoga for Runners Podcast (also on iTunes) - this site has tons more yoga podcasts (both audio and video) and most also include a printable pose guide.
- Yoga Basics - this site is a great resources to look up poses and sequences. I like to do their whole body warm up sequence before starting on pre-run poses.
- RunnerGirl.com - Yoga on the Run
- Runner's World - Yoga for Runners Page