Saturday, May 24, 2008
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skin removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 package of prepared refrigerated pesto sauce
1) Rinse salmon fillet under cold water and pat dry.
2) Place in a glass pie plate and baste with olive oil and minced garlic. (Although fresh garlic is always best, I think the pesto sauce was flavorful and oily enough that you probably do not need this step. I may just season it with some garlic powder next time before adding the sauce.)
3) Spread an even amount of pesto sauce until the fillet is well coated with approximately 1/4 inch layer of sauce (I don't think I used this much and it was plenty rich and tasty).
4a) Cover in plastic wrap and place in microwave for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4b) Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Do not cover or turn if baking.
5) Serve hot. I served it with the leftover veggies from last night, which where skillet potatoes and green beans.