Saturday, April 9, 2011

Iron Girl HM Pre-Race Musings


Despite my best attempts at sleeping in, I was awake by 7 am. I quickly put some granola in the oven to bake while I did an hour of yoga. It was a little tough because my muscles were really tight, so I'm really glad I got up early enough to do it. After yoga, I had some breakfast and packed while Jason ran 6 miles. We were on the road by 11 am headed to Clearwater Beach for the Iron Girl Half Marathon Expo.

After picking up my race packet, browsing around the Expo and catching up with Penny, we had lunch at Cafe' 421. It's a small restaurant with a big menu. I ordered the Caribbean Wrap - spring mix, mango salsa, gouda cheese, nuts and strawberry dressing - with coleslaw (which also had some mango salsa and a poppyseed dressing instead of mayo, giving it a sweet taste). Jason ordered the mushroom burger with sweet potato fries. The service was quick and the food really tasty. We were really impressed and highly recommend it.

Jason approved lunch Geocaching in Clearwater Beach, FL

We went for a short walk around Clearwater Beach after lunch to find a geocaching and continue my streak. The cache lead us to this gorgeous spot with a great backdrop. This race should be a really nice run with beautiful scenery, but I'm a little worried it will be too warm. Then we drove another hour to Land O' Lakes to spend the night hanging out with our friend Sean. While out getting some last minute supplies for dinner, we found 2 other caches. Now we're chilling while dinner finishes cooking: Greek Pasta with warm italian multigrain bread. Yum!

As for my goals for tomorrow, to have fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails