Thursday, January 5, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. No Running - I've been sick since Sunday, so I haven't run all week, and I'm going a little crazy =P. Tuesday I took off from work and was my sickest day, so obviously I was not about to get up early and run in the freezing cold. I spent all day sleeping and it helped a lot. I took yesterday off from work too and rested some more and felt well enough to go to work today. I could have run today, but I told myself to take a well deserved break from running because I couldn't even remember the last time I did. I'm over it now and Saturday morning can't come soon enough :)

2. Plank-a-Day Challenge - On the first of the year I started a challenge to do at least one plank each day for the month of January. Although I've not been running, I've kept this steak alive and today I could really feel the burn in my abs. It's slow going, but I've already improved from holding the initial 30s plank to 45s the last 2 days. I'm excited to see what I'll be able to do by the end of the challenge and how the added core strength will help my running.

3. Disney Marathon Weekend - I'm not racing this weekend, but several in my running group will be toeing the line of their first Full or Half Marathon and I get to see them finish. I'm also excited to meet up with fellow blogger and Galloway runner Kim tomorrow.  I'll be volunteering at the expo tomorrow morning and passing out Myler blankets at the finish line of the Marathon on Sunday. I can't wait to see their smiling faces when they cross that finish line. I won't get to sleep in this weekend, but it will be worth it.  Even though I am not the biggest fan of Disney races, I'm going to bite the bullet and run Goofy next year. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails