Monday, January 9, 2012

Recap: Week 1 2012

I'm annoyed that Dailymile is counting this as week 2, but it's the first full week of January and there was only one day in the previous week, so my week 1 will be Jan 2-8. Anyway, for being sick most of the week, it went fairly well. I only went to work once, so that's why I walked so little. With a stuffy/runny nose, yoga was out of the question too, so I focused on the plank-a-day challenge and rocked it. I'm excited to see what I can do by the end of the month.

Week 1: Jan 2-8
  • ran - 13.1 miles - 1 training run with hills - ouch!
  • walked - 1.75 miles
  • core - at least 1 30s plank each day - by Wednesday, I was up to 45s and adding in side planks. I'm now up to 1 minute forearm planks and 30s side planks! I can definitely feel my core getting stronger. 
  • biked 10 miles
  • stood for 6+ hours each on Friday and Sunday volunteering at the Disney Marathon and Expo
Goals for this week:
  • run 15-20 miles, easy with some hills
  • plank a day
  • bike at least once 
  • 2-3 hours of yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails