Monday, January 16, 2012

Fit at Work

As I mentioned before, I've been doing the Fit at Work track of the Daily Challenge for the past 6 days. Yes, it is a little ironic that I have not actually been at work for 3 of those days. Anyway, each day brings a new little exercise I can do at my desk, mostly stretches that take about 1 minute to complete. I thought I would remind us all of a few easy ways you can sneak exercise at work.

  • park further and enjoy the extra walk to your office
  • take the stairs instead of the elevator
  • sit on an exercise ball instead of a desk chair (start with a few minutes and work your way to more)
  • set a timer to take a 1-2 minute stretch break every 1-2 hours (you can do arm and back stretches/twists without even getting up from your chair, but standing is a good idea too)
  • go for a 5-10 minute walk around your office building, or even just your floor
  • do calf raises (or wall push ups or stretch) in the break room while your lunch is heating
  • walk up and down flights of stairs
What other ways can you think of to get a few minutes of exercise throughout the day at work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails