Monday, March 5, 2012

Recap: Week 9 2012

This was another great week, ending with a 6 minute PR at half marathon #13, which I got to share with lots of friends. It hit me last night that even last year averaging under 11 min/mi for 3-4 miles was a struggle, and now I can run 13 at that pace! I can't wait to see what I can do at shorter distances this year. Sub-30 5K, I'm coming for you! :) Now I wonder if I can run a 10K in under 1 hour. We shall see in a few weeks.

This week I'm going to take it easy as I recover and taper for half marathon #14 in Sarasota, so that means lots of walking, lots of yoga, and 2 very easy runs. We'll be spending the weekend there from Thursday to Sunday because I have training all day Friday and Saturday, so it will be a very busy week as we get ready for an even busier weekend, but we are prepared. We spent the weekend cooking up a storm and have a ton of leftovers in the fridge and frozen for later. This weekend was just awesome in every way.

Week 9: Feb 27 - Mar 4
Goals for Week 10
  • run 19+ miles
  • walk 10+ miles
  • 1h yoga
  • Sarasota Half #14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails