Saturday, March 3, 2012

OB Half Pre Race Thoughts

Kitzzy's Bubbles Busy Saturday
Today was so busy that I barely had time to freak out about tomorrow's race. We got to sleep in for a change, and as soon as we got up we sprung into action. We organized Jason's office, did laundry, changed bed sheets, went grocery shopping, had some old time fun blowing soap bubbles, and cooked up a storm: granola, chili, white bean veggie mash, mini quiches. I probably shouldn't have spent so much time on my feet, but oh well.

Weather
Today was a beautiful day, but a nasty storm is approaching and tomorrow will be quite the opposite. So far, I've run in scolding heat, pouring rain, gusty winds, and freezing cold. After running for hours in the rain, I don't mind it at all because you barely notice once you are wet and it's refreshing when it's warm. Cold rain is another story and it looks like I may find out what that feels like tomorrow. The forecast so far calls for cold, wind and rain. I just gotta laugh because really it's the only thing left. I'm up for the challenge and just grateful this is not a full marathon.

Goal
My initial plan was to leave everything on the course as I attempted an aggressive PR of 2:15.  But a lot depends on the weather we get, so I'm just going to do my very best with whatever I get. I just want to have fun and stay injury free because I have another half next week, so I think I may just take it easy tomorrow and try for the goal next week.

Tracking
I'll likely not be running with my phone if it's pouring out, but I'll post to Facebook as soon as I'm back in the car. If the forecast changes and we get dry weather, I'll run with my phone and Runmeter will post my splits as usually. Check my page after 7:30 am to see. Now to finish packing and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails