Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Two for Tuesday: Recovery & Sickness

#1 - Running / Recovery: Recovery from Sunday's half is going well.  The ice bath on Sunday really helped, as did wearing my compression shorts/socks on Sunday and during the train ride home on Monday. My legs feel fine, but my glutes/hips are still a bit sore. I've been using biofreeze and The Stick, and did a bit of yoga after my run this morning. This morning's run was tough. I woke up with a headache and seriously considered going back to sleep, but I knew my group was expecting me. After my warm up, there were none of them in sight and I was once again reconsidering my choice, but then 2 showed up and we headed for the hills. Perhaps hill repeats 2 days after a race was not the best idea, but the pace was easy and I did find. I could tell I am not fully recovered because it felt like I was exerting a lot more effort than usual to just maintain a 12 min pace. It was also absurdly humid, so that didn't help, and then it rained on us for the last mile. At least I got it done, and that is all that matters.

#2 - Sick? I've felt crappy all day. That headache I woke up with overstayed its welcomed and hung around all day along with an upset stomach. I managed to make it through lunch at work (a smoothie because it's all I could stomach) but had to head home after my last meeting at 2 pm and promptly took a 3 hour nap. I felt a bit better when I woke up, but still not like myself and I am still feeling a little off. I think eating restaurant food for 4 days straight, plus half a package of goldfish on the train ride home, did a number on me because my body is not used to that much sodium. Hopefully a good night's sleep tonight will fix everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails