Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Running Survey

Taking a break from talking about taper madness and filling out a fun running survey instead.

What is your favorite type of cross training? Yoga! I also like cycling, but I haven't done much of it since starting marathon training. I plan to pick it up again after the new year.

What is your favorite song to run to? I don't run with music anymore. I find it distracting, although sometimes when running alone I need that distraction but it is really rare.

What brand of shoes do you wear? Saucony Ride 3, but I'm not loyal to a brand. That's just the shoes I got fitted to when I started running. I've gotten re-fitted a few times, and always end up with Saucony. When I first started exercising, I bought some running shoes at an outlet store and they were actually Saucony

Do you wear a hat when you run? Not usually, but I've found it indispensable when it's raining or when I need to carry a headlamp.

What temperature is your favorite for running? 60s

Do you have any big races coming up? Oh, just my 2nd marathon! =)

What is your favorite distance? Half marathon

Are you a morning, noon, or evening runner? morning

Do you run solo or with a buddy? both, but this season all my runs have been with my Galloway running group and I love it. Leading a group has held me accountable and my running has never been more consistent.

What is your favorite post run snack? I eat a banana after every run on my ride home so I get some food in me immediately. If I'm running really long, I bring a luna bar for extra protein, then after I shower I eat some eggs.

What is your favorite race? I love them all! If I must choose, I'll pick Space Coast. I had so much fan at the half last year that I'm going back for the full this year. BCM is a close second because it is such a great cause and the energy is amazing.

Do you wear a Garmin? If not, how do you track your distance? I used to until it broke, so I started using Runmeter on my iPhone. I love this app because it lets me post to dailymile directly from it as soon as I finish my run, and I like to run with my iPhone in case I get my group lost :) My dad lent me his to use for the upcoming marathon, so I've been using it the last few weeks to get used to it again. I prefer the phone because when I wear the watch I can't help but look at it every 2 seconds.

What is your least favorite race? Baldwin Park Duathlon: the 5-loop bike course on narrow roads was no fun.

Where is your favorite medal from? So far it's probably the one from Miami Beach Halloween Half Marathon: a coffin that opens to reveal a vampire inside. However, I also love the Space Coast medal and this year's is going to be even better.

Who is your running idol? My dad

How long have you been a runner? Since April of 2008

What is your favorite workout? tempo? long run? fartlek? repeats? I love the variety of all these, but my favorite definitely is the long run. I just love that easy pace where you can get lose in conversation and before you know it 2 hours have passed.

What is your favorite place to run? I don't really care as long as it is outside. I can't stand the treadmill. 

Do you use Gu? yes, for longer runs and races, but I prefer shot blocks for shorter ones.

What do you drink to keep hydrated? I usually only drink water, but may take the occasional sip of gatorade if it's really hot out. 

What do you take with you on a run? Does it vary by distance? Yes, it varies by distance. At a minimum, I have my stop watch, but almost always carry my iPhone. If it's hot or I am running long, I carry water. Of course, for long runs I'll carry gels or shot blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails