Thursday, November 17, 2011

Three Things Thursday: 10 Day to Go!


#1 Running & Taper - I ran an easy 4 miles this morning because I didn't have it in me to do anything else. I wanted to do the schedules mile repeats but thought better of it because it was windy (and I'm both in recovery and taper this week.  I'm not really sore anymore, but I'm feeling really tired lately and now my body aches. Aaaah, good ol taper :) Only 3 more runs to go before the big day!  

#2 Yoga - I haven't done much yoga this week, opting for extra sleep instead. I haven't been feeling well, so I'm giving my body what it needs. I'll try to do some yoga this weekend or next week. I know that rest is the most important thing I can do for my body and training right now. 

#3 Sickness - I feel much better than I did on Tuesday, but I'm still feeling tired and have tummy issues. Thankfully the headache is gone. I don't know if I'm not eating enough, or if my body is revolting from eating too much crap. Other than eggs for breakfast, last night's dinner was the first homemade meal I've had since last Thursday. My throat is also bothering me, not sore or scratchy, but like there is stuff there that I keep swallowing and making my stomach more upset. I'm hoping is just taper nonsense and I'll be fine with lots of rest and water. 

Count down to race day: 10 days and 3 runs to go! Bring it! =)

Bonus - In my previous post, I did a mental rehearsal of marathon race day. This was obviously a best case scenario, but I really do not feel there is any challenge I can't handle. I've run in blistering heat, freezing cold, pouring rain, and gusty winds. I'm ready for anything this race can throw at me. The hardest challenge will be the internal struggle with my left brain, so I chose to focus on that. Any other challenge I'm forgetting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails