Sunday, November 13, 2011

Marathon 2 Training - Week 24 Recap

This was another great week as I eased into taper. It took a toll on me mentally for a few days, but lots of yoga and a big half marathon PR yesterday helped defuse it. I'm a little sore today, mainly my hips and glutes, but I'll be wearing my compression gear on the train to further help recover today.

Yesterday's race was a great confidence boost for the marathon. I have so much I've yet to tap into, and I'm really looking forward to giving it all I have at Space Coast and then working on my speed for shorter races. In the meantime, I'm ready to relax these next 2 weeks and coast down the home stretch to race day.

Last week's stats:
  • ran 22 miles
  • walked 10 miles
  • 6 yoga sessions / 2 h 45 min
  • total: 32 miles; 10 hours
This week's goals:
  • run 15-20 miles
  • 5 yoga sessions/1.5 hours
  • eat as cleanly as possible - cook at home and minimize processed foods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails