Thursday, November 3, 2011

Three Things Thursday - Running and Eating

#1 - Running Bonds - I love how running brings people together. Last night I met a friend for a fun run and dinner who I've only known online, but because we share a love for running as well as similar fitness journeys, it felt like I was hanging out with old friends. We've been motivating each other via Dailymile and Facebook for a long time, and it was nice to finally meet in person. I love how comfortable it felt, and it was nice to enjoy a fun run then share race stories over a meal.

#2 - Short Work Day - We had a half day at work today because UCF has a home game tonight and they needed us out of the parking lot. Since we would spend almost as much time on the bus as we would be at work, we drove. I got to sleep in, do 30 minutes of yoga, go out to breakfast and still be the first one at work. I got to enjoy a relaxing afternoon at home and great solo run tonight.

#3 - Taper Nutrition - I planned to eat really clean the entire month of November in preparation for this marathon, but only 3 days in is already not going so well. The abundance of Halloween candy everywhere is making it difficult, and I've already gone out to eat a few times, but I'm still going to do my best to limit my intake of processed foods (which I don't eat all that often anyway) and cook at home as much as possible. I want to feel great and full of energy come race day, so I need to put premium fuel in my body if I expect it to perform at its best. Maybe I'll be a little lighter too :) I've been hovering under 125 lately, which is about as low as my body likes to go, and I'd like to keep that way or maybe even shed a pound or two before then. Not eating meat makes this so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails