Thursday, November 24, 2011

Three Things Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving!

#1) My Own Turkey Trot: I started the day off great with a fun 4.5 mile run with Jason and my Galloway group. We had our own Turkey Trot in Downtown Orlando, followed by sipping Mimosas while we watched the official Turkey Trot race. It was a gorgeous morning, and the run was a blast at a fun pace :) Jason even ran intervals with us and enjoyed himself! Yay! I'm planning an encore on Christmas Eve.

#2) Muppets Movie: We needed to kill sometime before dinner, so we went to see the Muppets movie after lunch. We enjoyed the 2 mile walk (roundtrip) to the movie theater in the crisp fall air. It was the perfect way to break up our day. The movie was excellent and totally adorable.

#3) Thanksgiving Dinner/Family Time: After the movie, we decided to head to my mom's early and help her finish dinner. We were already hungry and kept picking at stuff as we cooked it. Isn't that what this holiday is all about? ;)

My sister and the kids arrived about half hour after we finished cooking, so we got down to business. I didn't think I ate that much, but it's still painful. I guess that's what happens when my meal consists mostly of carbs: 3 different types of potatoes (sweet, mashed, salad), green beans, yuca, stuffing, and lots of bread. I think all this just expanded in my stomach and stretched it to the limit.

The whole family went for a walk after dinner in an attempt to make room for pie. My niece loves being outside, and of course when we walked by the playground she had to play on the slides. She's too cute for words. Mom and I walked ahead and enjoyed some mother/daughter time and the cool air while the kiddos played. We got back to the house and still felt a bit full, but pie would wait no longer. We had 3 types of pie -- mango key lime, turtle cream, dark chocolate cream -- and of course I had to try a sliver from each of them. We promptly left after that lest we were tempted to eat more, not that any of us had any room to spare. Of course, we brought home some leftovers (including a bit of each pie) but will probably not need to eat until Sunday =P

Only 2 more days until race day, and I'm really looking forward to relaxing until then. I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday and enjoys the rest of the long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails