Thursday, February 9, 2012

Three Things Thursday: 26.2 with Donna Edition

Last Taper Run - I woke up and wasn't feeling it. I really just wanted to go back to bed, but I got out there and ran and an easy(ish) 3.5 miles with Shameika and Julie. I was aiming for a 12ish pace, but the cold weather (and Shameika) made us run a little faster. It was good though. Now I just have to take it easy and stay healthy until Sunday. I'm so ready for this race weekend to begin! 

Sunday's Weather - I wanted cold for this race, and I may get more than I bargained for. The temps keep dropping, and the current forecast calls for a high in the low 50s. One site says the high at noon will be high 40s. This is really great running weather, but this Floridian isn't used to it and will freeze at the start. But I am prepared with my mylar blanket outfit :) 

Outfit - Despite the unexpected weather, I think I'm going to stick with my original outfit -- matching skirt sports pink (super hero print) tank top and running skirt with black knee high compression socks -- with a few additions: arm warmers, leggings, gloves, buff, headband/skull cap, and I made a top and mini cape/shoulder wrap out of the mylar blankets so I don't have to wear a jacket. These will be so much easier to ditch or store if I get too warm, and they have the added benefit of being waterproof. I'll also need to pack and check a gear bag for after the race in case it rains and I need to get out of wet clothes in a hurry. I'm up for the challenge! :)


Mylar blanket top and cape/shoulder wrap. 
I'm wearing a matching tank top underneath and 
tucking the corners of the blankets under the tank top straps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails