Monday, February 6, 2012

Bruised Wrist

This morning I slept in instead of doing yoga. This wasn't by choice -- I actually woke up at 5 am and went back to sleep for another hour. My wrist has been bothering me for a while now, but I thought it was getting better. Something I did yesterday afternoon made it worse or re-injured it -- I may have slept on it during a nap or something.

It saddened me to not start my day with yoga, and made me a little cranky, but I figured rest was best because there is no way I can do a downward facing dog right now. Almost every routine I do includes that pose because it's so versatile, and I really like doing it. While I recently discovered that I can substitute dolphin pose, it is not the same, but maybe I just need to get used to it. I know there are plenty of standing or sitting poses I can do, but I felt a little lost without my go-to poses this morning. I knew I would just get frustrated if I tried to wing it and then couldn't do many poses, so I stated in bed instead. I'm going to look through my yoga book and try to put a routine together I can do without putting pressure on my hand/wrist because I do yoga for sanity as much as flexibility.

This also means I had to give up on the Burpees Challenge, but that's ok. I shouldn't be starting a new routine so close to race day anyway. I'm going to keep focusing on staying healthy this week; I can always pick up extra yoga and core/strength work next month when I'm fully recovered from the marathon and whatever I did to my wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails