Saturday, February 18, 2012

Busy Bee

Today was a super busy day. Despite my best efforts to sleep in, I was up by 5:30 a.m. before my alarm went off. I did not have to meet my group until 7 am, so I took my time getting ready and was able to bike to the start at a leisurely pace enjoying the cool morning air.

Although the air was cool, it was really humid because of heavy fog. After last weekend's deep freeze, you'd think I'd welcome the change but it was a bit of a struggle. Thankfully everyone was either in recovery or taper so we ran 5.5 miles real easy with 1:1 intervals at 13ish pace. After the run, we hung out over breakfast at Drunken Monkey.

By the time I got home at 10 am, I had already biked 9.5 miles and run 5.5 miles, and was feeling great. I didn't have much time to decompress as I quickly had to shower, have lunch and get ready to head out to Jason's Grandma's 80th birthday celebration in Melbourne. We just got back 30 minutes ago and are utterly exhausted, so it's now way past my bedtime. At least tomorrow I get to sleep in, and I sure hope that does not mean 7 am =) Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails