Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

I took today off to recover from the marathon and spend some time with Jason on Valentine's day.  I didn't employ my usual post-race recovery techniques, so I felt pretty beat up yesterday. I simply laid around all day in my compression gear with my feet up. I knew we should have gone for a walk to speed up recovery, but I just didn't have it in me. At least we got a massage.

Today began active recovery, and I'm already feeling tons better. I woke up at 4 am to meet my running group for our Valentine's Day fun run/walk, but I was smart enough not to attempt running. It was fun to  see my group and catch up while we walked. I could already tell that helped and it was all the motivation I needed to stop laying around and participate in my recovery. As soon as I got home, I put on compression gear and did laundry. I am still sore, but I am very mobile and the more I move, the better my legs (mainly quads/hamstrings) feel.

After finishing the laundry, baking granola, and decluttering the living room, we went to Disney Quest for a few hours with Tom, and I laughed at him when he suggested taking the stairs up 2 floors. I had not been there in years, so I was excited to see what was new. Sadly, not much. With such a high tech arcade, it is really sad when I rather spend most of my time there playing classic games like Galaga. We came back home and I took a nap before dinner.

Jason woke me up at 5 pm and cooked some gnocchi while I got ready for the Sweet Ride, a leisurely ride around town ending at Tasty Tuesdays in the Milk District for Yum Yum Cupcakes. I organized this a few weeks ago, and I have to admit that this morning I was dreading it bit because my legs were still sore, but my legs felt great during the ride. It actually hurts more to walk. I'm really glad I put this together or else I may have bailed, but it was an absolutely gorgeous night for a bike ride and the 13 miles really helped loosen up my legs.

I tried out my new Skirt Sports Cruiser Bike Girl cycling skirt on this ride, and I'm already in love. At first I thought the chamois was thicker than I expected, but it felt great and I barely noticed it once we got moving. It has the same comfortable fit as their running skirts, and the grippers on the legs keep the shorts in place while riding. I'll be keeping an eye out for sales to stock up. My only complain is that the base of the "Freeride Print" (pictured) is white. That is a horrible color for cycling, but it's super cute so I'll deal ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails