Saturday, February 4, 2012

Final Taper Week to Marathon #4

This morning I ran my last long run before Marathon #4 next Sunday. The run went ok, not great, but we had a blast celebrating Omar's birthday and trying to remember the 8 mile route that looked so unfamiliar in the daylight. Since we had low millage, and it's supposed the winter, we started at 7 am. We usually run in the dark, so everything looked very different. We enjoyed looking at the gorgeous houses in Winter Park, listening to Omar's trivia, and Julie quizzing us about what we would name our own 5K race. Although the air felt cool, it was in the low 60s and pretty humid, so I struggled a bit at the end and my legs felt heavy (probably because I biked 5 miles to the start). Now it's all about taking it easy and staying healthy to make it to the start line in one piece. I have two more easy runs this week, then I head to Jacksonville on Friday! The weather is looking favorable for a PR, but I'll post more about that as it gets closer and I can trust the forecast.

Birthday boy Omar begin a good sport wearing his birthday crown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails