Thursday, December 8, 2011

TTT: Chilly Run, Chaturanga, Walking

#1: Chilly Run - It was 44º this morning and when you factored in the 11 mph winds the feels like temp was 39º Brr! But that did not deter me or 3 other hard core members from my group from having a great run this morning. I ran a 1 mile warm up in 11:36, which was faster than I intended but I was freezing, then ran another 4 easy with the group @ 11:52 pace. My legs feel a bit sore. With enough clothes, running in this weather is not bad at all. Here's a list of everything I wore, and while I unzipped my jacket a little, I was never hot. I did shed the buff after 2 miles and the gloves during the last mile, but was very comfortable the entire run.
#2: Yoga - I've been rocking the yoga lately. Yesterday I did a sun salutation flow from Yogamazing and it had a LOT of down dogs, planks and Chaturanga poses (where you hold the down position of a push up). It was a great upper body workout, even though what I meant to do was an energizing flow. My arms and shoulders are quite sore today. I've been trying to do at least 10-20 minutes of daily yoga, and I love starting or ending my day this way, but I'm taking tomorrow off. Right now my body is asking me for extra sleep, so I will oblige by setting a later alarm. If I happen to wake up earlier on my own and have time for yoga then great, otherwise I'll take the extra sleep.

#3: Walking - I've also been a walking machine lately. Our bus route got changed so now I have an extra half mile walk each day. I've also been walking to a further bus stop when I get there before the bus, and try to get a little extra walking here and there whenever the opportunity presents itself. I track my walking during the day whenever I walk at least a 1/4 mile, and I've been getting in at least 3-4 miles each day.  It's great cross training and a quick way to earn extra HBBC points ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails