Thursday, December 22, 2011

3 Things Thursday: Holiday Fitness Fun

#1. Holiday Fun Run 5K - We combined our groups with Marathonfest this morning for a festive run followed by coffee, donuts and other holiday treats. I dressed in my festive gear (see photo), and many others did too, and we had a blast. I ran a warm up mile in 12:21, then chose 3:1 intervals for the prediction 5K run. I didn't plan to push too hard, so I thought I'd finish around 35 minutes, but maybe closer to 33. As instructed, I did not look at my watch until I finished, and I was pleasantly surprised when I crossed the finish line in just over 32 minutes! That's only 2 minutes slower than my PR, and not bad for not really trying. My splits were great too: 10:30 - 10:30 and 10:02. I REALLY need to run a 5K race soon! =)

#2. 11 Days! That's how many days I have until I have to go back to work! Within those 11 days, I have a 10K fun run I'm hosting, 3 Christmas dinners, 2 chilly runs, and 1 half marathon!

#3. Winter Solstice Foldie Ride - I just got home from a 12 mile bike ride on a foldie bike through Winter Park neighborhoods to admire the Christmas lights, with a stop at Eat More Produce for some food from the Winter Park Food Truck Food Pod. I tried the veggie taco box from the Korean BBQ Taco Truck and it was really tasty. Of course, I also had mint chocolate Yum Yum Cupcake. It was a lot of fun, but my butt was not too happy with that saddle.

1 comment:

KLETCO said...

Great job on your race!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails