Friday, December 2, 2011

OUC Half 2011 Pre-Race Thoughts

Tomorrow I'll be running my 11th half marathon. It will be my 4th year in a row running the OUC Half, which was the first one I ever ran when I started running in 2008. Since I have no expectations other than to have fun and finish, I'm not anxious tonight. I just feel like i'm getting up to do another long run with my running buddies. This is the reason I wanted to run tomorrow, to regain that feeling of enjoying the journey no matter the outcome.

Many from my group are also running it, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in the morning and maybe running a few steps with them before they take off and run their own races. There are plans for mimosas after, so that will be our carrot during the race :) I'm also looking forward to my first half fanatics meet up and photo op before the race, so I plan to wear my half fanatic shirt and maybe some fun socks.

Much like the first time I ran this race, I'll be leaving my watch at home. I'm going to run with my iPhone, strictly as a time piece and camera, because I have to juggle picking up my packet and being at 3 different pre-race photo ops, but I'll be leaving it in my pocket and out of site during the race. I guess I should go to bed now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails