Thursday, December 15, 2011

Three Things Thursday: Run Run Run!

#1: Track: I went to the track this morning for the first time in over a month and it felt great. I ran a total of 4.75 miles, including the warm up, cool down and six 400 meter repeats. I'm pleased that I could still pull off the pace I was targeting without much effort. And best of all, the IT band behaved. I've taken recovery really seriously, being really diligent about listening to my body, walking lots, and finding time for yoga after every run to stay loose, and it's really paid off. By the way I feel and the way I've been performing, I would not believe I ran a marathon less than 3 weeks ago if I had not been there.

#2:  Long Run: I get to run 20+ miles this weekend and I could not be happier. Notice that I said that "I get to" instead of "I have to", because I am one of those freaks who actually enjoys long slow runs. I could run forever with the right pace and company, and I love my group to pieces. This should be all kinds of fun :)

#3: DeLeons Half Marathon: This will be my next race on January 1st! I am really excited to be starting off the year running a half marathon, which is the main reason I picked this race. The other reason I picked it is because it is a small, low key race with a few hundred runners (actually, there are only 101 registered so far and that includes 39 for the 5k). I prefer small races to the huge productions with thousands of runners. Some of my running friends did this race last year and did not care for it, but others like Jason loved it. I was a little torn so I contacted the race director to let him know of the issues I heard and asked how they were addressing them for this year. Today I received a detailed reply explaining every point I brought up and it was clear he had taken the time to investigate my claims to address them properly. I was really impressed and all the more glad I registered for this race. I had already registered before his reply and actually forgot I even wrote him. I planned to run it and worse case scenario carry my own water just in case. For $20, it more than meets my needs and half fanatic madness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails