Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday Shenanigans

I've had an amazing, active, fun and very productive day. I'll have to recap it in bullet form because I'm too tired for paragraphs.
  • Woke up before 5 am, before my alarm, to get ready for my run. I was really looking forward to it because I was trying out some new routes and it was short milage.
  • Biked 4.5 miles to meet my running group. The cool air felt great and the bike ride was a great warm  up. I had almost abandoned the idea the night before, but since I got up in time I went for it and I'm really glad I did.
  • Ran 8.5 miles with my group, including 3 miles of rolling hills, and we had a blast. It was just 5 of us girls today, and it was funny that we didn't spend the entire time talking about running skirts lol I really like running hills because they make me feel really strong. 
  • Biked 6 miles back home, through a more scenic route to check out the new trail extension.
  • Did 25 minutes of yoga as soon as I got home because my body needed some TLC after all that activity.
  • After a shower and breakfast, I was still full of energy so I cleaned up a bit and got the laundry ready while Jason finished his run. 
  • Did 3 loads of laundry while wearing my compression gear and cleaning up here and there. 
  • Went grocery shopping to stock on fruits and vegetables because I realized this week that despite being a vegetarian I do not get enough servings of fruits and veggies. My goal for this coming week is to earn that HBBC point for 7 servings of fruits and vegetables.
  • Cooked chick peas I had soaked and made homemade humus, which is stupid easy/fast now that we have a real food processor, and then prepped food for a dinner party at a friend's house.
  • Dinner party fun! We had a blast with great company and delicious food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails