Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Day Highlights

We began the day running the Turkey Trot 5k with Robin, Jason and his family. Much fun was had by all. The rest of the day was spent either making or eating food. I made Sweet Potato Gratin to have a main course that was vegetarian, and it came out pretty good but a little too limey for my taste. I'll probably skip the lime zest next time. I wasn't overly stuffed after dinner, but probably fuller than I should be. My stomach felt like a bucket that was filled with tennis balls but without filling the empty space left by the gaps from the balls. :) After dinner, I want for a walk with Jason and his sister to a nearby park where we took silly photos. It was a lot of fun.

I woke up lethargic; I felt a bit hung over (from food, I didn't drink alcohol), so I went for a short run. I didn't want to overdue it, so I kept it short and slow. The air felt cool, but the humidity was pretty high. I hope it's lower on Sunday. I've spent the rest of the day being lazy, including taking a pretty long nap and still feel pretty lethargic and have a bit of a headache. I'm sure that has more to do with being indoors all day. Tomorrow we drive to the Kennedy Space Center in Cocoa, FL for the expo and packet pick up. I'm looking forward to browsing all the vendors and maybe picking up a few things. Then it's show time on Sunday. I'm pretty excited for this race; probably more than I've been in a while. I think I'm getting my running mojo back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails