Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 2: This and That

It's only day 2 of nablopomo and I already don't want to blog, but that has more to do with having a frustrating day and just wanting to come home and relax. I still need to post my report from Sunday's race (here's a sneak peek) and my October recap, but I'm not in the mood to blog about either of those right now. So you get a random bullet list post instead :)
  • Running a race on Halloween is so much fun. Everyone was in costume and I can't wait to see the official race photos. In the meantime, check out the photos.
  • I'm still very sore from Sunday's half marathon (my quads hurt as if bruised when I touch them), which is rather unusual for me, and I didn't even run that fast. I guess that's what happens when you don't run for 2 weeks and then attempt to run 13.1 miles. Needless to say, I've not exercised since except for walking to the bus stop. I really need to get back into a workout routine before I slip further into this funk.
  • I'm focusing on eating healthier this month because I ate way too much crap (read candy) in October, so I will try to eat only real food in November
    • I didn't get off to a great start having to eat out for lunch and dinner yesterday, but I'm proud of the choices I made. 
    • I improvised today and made some quinoa in the microwave at work, then warmed up some canned black beans and frozen corn and mixed them together with some curry powder, salt, and pepper. It turned out delicious! 
    • We had aloo matar for dinner and homemade honey cinnamon ice cream for dessert. Yum!
  • Jason and I will be participating in Urban Dare Orlando this Saturday. We figured out our team costume last night, and I can't wait! It should go a lot better this time now that we are more familiar with Downtown Orlando and I'm in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails