Thursday, November 25, 2010

Race Report: Tamarac Turkey Trot 5k

success!
We are in Plantation, FL to spend Thanksgiving with Jason's mom, and thanks to Robin we found a local Turkey Trot 5k to run this morning. We hoped his parents would come out and watch, but they did us one better and signed up too! It was their first 5k, and they did awesome!

I ran with Robin, using 3/:30 intervals, until about the last 10th when I sprinted to the end, but I still did not run all out. This race was not about getting a PR or leaving it all out there, especially since I'm tapering for the half marathon on Sunday. This race was about getting in some exercise this morning, being thankful that I can do this at all, and having fun with family and friends. Oh yeah, and burning a few calories before the feast that will follow later was a nice bonus :) 

Robin kept telling me to go ahead, and I was tempted to skip the walk breaks, but I was having fun running with her. The time flew by and the finish line was in sight before I knew it.  I felt great the whole time, even while nursing a side stitch, and I finished strong. Everyone else is complaining about sore legs, but mine feel great =P I do feel like I need a nap though :)

Stats:
  • clock: 39:59
  • chip: 38:21 
  • pace: 12:21
  • ag: 59 / 76
  • overall: 1162
Happy Thanksgiving!

Check out the photos on Flickr and the video Jason put together below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails