Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fitness Update: no change

I didn't lose any weight this week. I may have put on a pound, but my scale was being temperamental, much like my body because my TOM is here. However, I was very active this week and over achieved all my fitness goals, so I probably also gained some muscle. I bought new running shoes yesterday and some other running gear. I didn't get up early enough this morning, but I plan to run tonight and try to reach that 5k distance. I'll just start really slow so I can cover the distance. I'll work on speed later in the week, but my goal for Sat is to run the whole thing and to hopefully do it in under 42 minutes (I would love to do it in under 40, but I think that may be a bit ambitious since I'll have to start slow to make it. We'll see).

I finally did some strength training this week. Instead of weights, I am just going to focus on my core, so I came up with this routine (mostly based on this article and exercises from the Metabolism Booster segment of 10 Minute Solution - Carb and Calorie Burner).
  1. Push Ups (2 x 10)
  2. Standard Crunches (10)
  3. Bicycle Crunches (10)
  4. Reverse Crunches (10)
  5. Basic Plank (30 sec)
  6. Plank Weight Shift (10)
  7. Plank Knee Drop Crunch (10)
  8. Plank Knee Drop Oblique Crunch (10)
  9. Plank Leg Lifts (10)
  10. Side Plank Dips (10)
  11. Supermans (10)
  12. Heel Touches (10)
I don't do all of these every time, but I hope to work up to that eventually as well as add more reps and a few of the other exercises from that article in a week or 2 once I get comfortable with these. I also want to alternate between these and 10-20 minutes from Quick Fix Cardio Kick.

Accomplishments for week of 6/1 - 6/7:
  • Ran 2.5 miles & then 2.85 miles without walking
  • Biked: 24+ miles
  • Ran/walked: 12+ miles
  • Core exercises: 3 days
  • 45 Min Yoga for Weight Loss: 2 days
  • Ate out only 3 times: brunch at Sweet Tomatoes on Sunday, dinner at Macaroni Grill on Wednesday, Olive Garden for lunch on Thursday
Goals for the upcoming week:
  • Run 3.1 miles (5k) without walking
  • Complete my 4th 5k race without walking in under 42 minutes (preferably in under 40)
  • Bike at least 20 miles
  • Run/walk at least 10 miles
  • Core exercises at least 3 days
  • QF Cardio Kick at least 2 days
  • 45m Yoga at least 1 day
  • Eat at least 3 vegetarian meals (meatless monday)
  • Eat out at most 3 times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails