Saturday, June 14, 2008

100 push ups & crunches

I just stumbled upon this and thought I'd share, and try to persuade you to try it too ;)

Jason and I plan to start the the hundred push ups training program next week and thought some of you may want to join me. In 6 weeks, we should be able to do 100 push ups in a row! We are going to adapt the program for crunches as well, realizing that we'll probably start at a different level for crunches than push ups as those are easier to do.

Now, this is supposed to be 100 real push ups. However, when I tried the initial test (to see where in the program you should start), I found that my arms can barely hold my body weight and I can't seem to do a single one. However, I can do the girl push ups (with knees bent), so I might complete the program twice. I'd start with girl push ups, and once I can do 100 of those, I'd do the program again with full push ups.

When I tried the test again, I managed 2-3, but I can't come all the way to the ground or I can't lift myself back up. I come pretty close, so maybe I'll try full push ups on day 1 and see how it goes. If not, I'll go back to my original plan of doing girl push ups. I can do 8-10 of those. With crunches I think I'd start at column 3 because I can easily do 10+

So, who's with me!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails