Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Addicted to Fitness

I can now see why some people workout everyday. I've been running and biking so regularly lately that I actually miss it when I don't get to do it. I think I actually get cranky.

It is getting too hot out and it was supposed to rain today, so I did not bike my usual 4 miles to and from work. I came home early and took a nap, which seemed to energize me because I then went for a bike ride and caught up on some of my other exercises. Here is what I did today:
This is the longest I've ever ridden a bike (at least since I was a child). I've ridden 8 miles round trip to Target, but I had a break while I shopped. This was 6 miles straight and I felt like I could have done more.

I think instead of my "lift weight" goal, I am just going to change that to strength training because I think these should be enough to tone my upper body without having to lift weights and I am more likely to fit in some push ups than lift weights.

I think running and biking must help with flexibility because when doing yoga the last few times, I noticed I don't need to use the blocks as much in some of the poses because I can reach to the floor.

Progress update on this week's goals:

- Run 2.5 miles without walking [DONE]
- Bike at least 12 miles [6]
- Run/walk at least 10 miles [5.63]
- Lift weights Strength training at least 1 day [DONE]
- Yoga at least 1 day [DONE]
- Eat out at most twice [went to Sweet Tomatoes for Brunch on Sunday]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails