Tuesday, April 29, 2008

W5D1

I did not want to get up this morning. Is not that I didn't want to run, I just didn't want to get out of bed. I seem to always feel achy in the mornings lately when I wake up (mostly these past few days), but as soon as I get up and move around a bit I am fine. So I got up, warmed up a bit inside, did some stretches and started on my warm up brisk walk.

I knew I could do the 5 minute runs, I did them on Sunday, but I was apprehensive for some reason. I ran the first interval slowly without a problem; I wanted to preserve my energy and be able to do the last run. I ran the 2nd interval a tad faster, and I maintained that speed for most of it. I tried doing the last interval even faster (which is still fairly slow compared to some of you), but I couldn't keep it up the whole time. I slowed down a bit in the middle of it and then sprinted the last minute or so. I finished it! I am looking forward to Thursday, but 8 minutes seems like an eternity. I couldn't stop looking at my watch during the last 2 intervals, I can't imagine how its going to be when I have to do 20 minutes in a row, during a 5k nonetheless.

When I started this program, I had complete faith in it and had no doubt I'd be able to do each run when the time came. I read all of your entries and get inspired, but now that is so close I am a tad intimidated. I know I'll be able to do it, and the adrenaline from the race will help, but I am going to be so bored! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails