Sunday, April 6, 2008

W1D2

day111: C25K W1D2
I just finished week 1, day 2 of the Couch to 5K Running Plan and I feel great. It was definitely easier than the first workout and when he announced it was my last run interval, I couldn't believe it. I think doing it in the morning and wearing shorts helped, as I did it in the afternoon with the sun beating down on me and wearing pants last time. I walked extra for a total of 2.5 miles in just over 37 minutes. Next time I am going to start with a half mile warm up walk (about 7-10 minutes) so it is easier for me to walk/run a total of 3 miles. At this pace, I should be able to complete next weekend's 5k under 45 minutes (my initial goal). By the time the Disney 5k comes around on 5/3, I should be running 2 miles in the program, so I should only have to walk up to half of that 5k. My goal is to be able to complete the Run for the Trees 5k on 5/24 jogging the whole time with little to no walking, as it coincides with week 9, day 1 where I should be running 3 miles with only a 5 minute warm-up walk. This of course assumes I do not have to repeat any days in the program (I plan to repeat any days in which I can't complete the required jogging times).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails