Tuesday, April 8, 2008

W1D3

C25K - W1D3
I just completed week 1 of the Couch to 5K Running Plan and I feel great! I was starving and had a bit of a headache when I got home, so had to wait until after dinner. This probably worked in my favor since there was a nice breeze out tonight. Since I am also training to walk/run a 5K on Saturday, I walked extra and ended up doing 3 extra run intervals (for a total of 11 minutes of running). I walked/ran a total of 3.4 miles in under 50 minutes! My hips and the bottom of my feet are a little soar, but I feel great. Thursday I start week 2, which means I'll be alternating between 90 seconds of running and 2 minutes of walking. This is what I plan to do during the race since I'll be doing W2D2 then. I'll probably walk extra in the beginning and after the program is complete, then do a few extra intervals towards the end and finish off sprinting through the finish line. I'm hoping to finish under 45 minutes, but I am realistically expecting it will take me closer to 50 minutes since the course is hard-packed sand so it will be slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails