Saturday, April 12, 2008

Race Report: Windermere Run Among the Lakes 5K (W2D2)

day117: 5K under 45 minutes!
I did it! I finished my first 5K in just under 45 minutes (44:38) and I feel great. I know it's no 10 or 12 minute mile or anything, but I think its great considering I am still walking most of it. I am a little tired of course, but I am not exhausted or in pain. I had a slightly better pace than the last race, which is a great accomplishment since this course was mostly hard-packed sand making it harder and slower. I think it helped that I have been training and that I wore cooler clothes than last time. I followed week 2, day 2 of the C25K program for the first 2 miles. After about 10 minutes of walking, the other podcast kicked in; and I put in an extra 3 run intervals, then sprinted to the finish line. I ran a total of about 14 minutes. Now I have 3 weeks to kick it up a notch for Disney's Go Red For Women 5K, where I hope to be able to run at least half of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails