I joined the YMCA this month to have someplace to swim, attend exercise classes like kickboxing, and begin incorporating strength training regularly into my workout routine. So far I am loving it -- been to a few classes and done a few machines -- but have yet to make it to the pool.
My running goal for January was to run 100 miles, but a few runs got cut short and that didn't happen. I almost went running yesterday to meet that goal, but realized how foolish it was to risk injury to meet an arbitrary goal -- not to mention that it's 109 when I add in the walking miles. Even at 97 miles, that's 10 more than last month and that's accomplishment enough for me. I also wanted to exercise an average of 1 hour a day (towards my goal of exercising 365 hours in 2010) and I exceeded that. Below are all the details.
- walking = 12 miles; 3h 23m (I've been walking to the Y, which 1.2 roundtrip)
- running = 97 miles; 20h 36m (about 1/2 of all exercise hours was running)
- cycling = 14 miles; 2 hrs (includes trainer and spin class)
- swimming = 0
- other = 15hr 27m (includes yoga, core, strength, kickbox, etc)
- total = 123 miles; 41h 25m (avg 1.3 hrs / day)
Goals for February
PS - The photo of the day will be posted later to the 30 Days - February 2010 Flickr Set. I won't always post them to the blog too, so check there if you wan't to keep up with them daily.