A few things I think have helped me avoid taper madness:
- I've read all about it and know what to expect and that I'm ready for this.
- I've kept myself too busy blogging and taking photos daily to have any time to obsess over my running.
- Putting together a team for the Corporate 5K at work and training my coworkers to run their first 5K is a nice distraction.
- I scheduled other low key races in the weeks leading up to the marathon to keep me distracted by obsessing about those instead =P
- I've been really busy at work, making the days pass quickly.
Most of all, I think I just welcome the rest and know that I've done all I can so it's ok to take it easy. I am sure I'll be singing a different tune and freaking out plenty on Saturday night, but that day will be packed with plenty of distractions, so I should be ok.
Is it Sunday yet? :)
PS - Track me on race day.