Friday, February 26, 2010

Marathon Packing Checklist

Since this is an away race and I won't be sleeping at home the night before the marathon, I'll need to pack everything I could possibly need for the race, and then some. With the flaky weather we've been having lately, I plan to pack for every eventuality.

Here's the list so far. Comment and let me know if I am forgetting anything!

Running Clothes
  • sports bra
  • race ready shorts w/pockets
  • running shoes
  • running socks
  • running tops: short sleeve, long sleeve, tank
  • running tights/pants
Running Accessories
  • arm warmers
  • black hat
  • bondi bands: skull and bones + spares
  • gloves
  • hair tie
  • pirate eye patch
  • race belt
  • wrist sweat band 
  • pearl izumi jacket
Electronics
  • garmin + strap + charger
  • iphone + charger
  • ipod shuffle + charger
  • headphones
  • camera + charger + extra battery
  • laptop + charger
Nutrition/Snacks
  • gu
  • gu roctane
  • shot blocks
  • mini luna bars
  • bananas
  • bagels
  • chocolate covered pretzels
  • oyster crackers
Other Clothes
  • 2 shirts
  • sleep pants
  • warm up suit
  • extra sports bra
  • underwear
  • pants / shorts
  • crocs
  • jacket
Injury Prevention / Treatment
  • biofreeze packets
  • body glide
  • moleskin
  • sunscreen 
Misc
  • ear plugs
  • water bottle
  • laundry bag
  • garbage bags
  • chapstick
  • money
  • ID

2 comments:

The Green Girl said...

If you are planning on going back to the hotel and want to take an ice bath, you might start hoarding the ice ahead of time if there are a lot of runners staying at your hotel.

Kitzzy said...

I'm not sure I can do the ice bath thing, but I'll keep that in mind. We'll probably head home after the race, so I'd do it there if at all. Thanks for the link to your checklist. I added a few extra things from there.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails