Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Corporate 5K Training Kickoff

Today was our first group training session for the Corporate 5K, and I'm really pleased with the turn out. We had a total of 9 people show up (including me and Jason), and I know a few others could not make it but will join us in the future. Recruitment is also going very well, and we already have 11 officially registered, plus my parents makes 13. That's 4 more than last year, so I'm confident we'll reach our goal of 20-25.

Everyone met at Partnership II in Research Park after work. Jason and Bob ran a 2.3 mile loop around Research Park while I led a group of beginners using the Couch to 5K program. After a 5 minute warm up walk, we alternated running for 1 minute and walking for 90 seconds for a total of 20 minutes. My group covered 1.5 miles in 26 minutes, including the warm up and cool down walk. I think everyone had a good time, and I hope to see them back on Thursday.

The photo below is the whole group after we finished. Notice that they are still smiling! Yay! :)

the whole group

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails