Sunday, June 21, 2009

T-7 Days to 1st Duathlon

One week from today, I'll be doing my first duathlon. Yikes! I'm a little worried because my brick workouts have been few and not gone so well. I've only managed to run for 1 mile after biking (regardless of the ride distance), but at least I have tried it and know what to expect. My running has suffered a bit lately (in terms of frequency) due to all the biking and the weather, but I only have to run at most 5k at a time. My biking has been great, both in terms of endurance and speed, so I plan to push as hard as I can on the bike to make up for lost time on the runs, and I'll make it through the runs with my trusty run/walk method :)  That is unless I melt away in the relentless heat! Whose idea was it to do my first duathlon in the heat of summer? =P

Planned Workouts for Taper Week:

  • Monday
    • am - 14.5 mile easy bike commute to work
    • pm - 14.5 mile easy bike commute to pool/home (weather permitting)
    • pm - swim w/Trek Tri Meetup at College Park Pool (weather permitting)
  • Tuesday
    • am - easy 2-3 mile run
    • pm - swim at Cady Way Pool if Mon gets rained out OR Yoga
  • Wednesday
    • am - 14.5 mile easy bike commute to work
    • pm - 14.5 mile easy bike commute home (weather permitting) / Yoga
    • pm - Race Webinar
  • Thursday
    • am - easy 2-3 mile run
    • pm - swim w/Andy's Meetup at Cady Way Pool
  • Friday
    • am - Yoga
    • pm - Critical Mass (super easy bike ride - more like a parade)
  • Saturday
    • am - Sleep In/Yoga
    • pm - Packet Pickup/Expo
  • Sunday - Race Day!
  • Monday - Sleep ALL DAY & Recover 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails