Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sluggish

I've been feeling a little worn out lately, but when my alarm went off this morning I got ready to run since Todd and Amaris would be expecting me. I felt tired, but who doesn't at 4:30 am?

I usually run a slow warm up mile or two on my own before meeting the group; it helps me get into the groove, gives me a little alone time, and gets my legs ready in case we end up running fast. I don't typically use walk breaks for this warm up and just run at a steady easy pace. This morning, I set my iPhone to beep at me every 1/2 mile of the 1.5 mile warm up run and took a short walk break of about 15 deep breaths.

I knew it would be a rough run when my warm up was a 13ish pace (it's usually closer to 12), and it felt much faster. It certainly did not help that it was wicked warm and humid. My tummy was also bothering me. Thankfully everyone seemed to share my sentiments and was on board for taking it easy with 2/1 intervals. I covered a total of 5.5 miles, but knew when I got home my instinct of taking a sick day from work was correct.

After eating breakfast, showering, and taking care of a few things for work, I went for a walk to vote and run some errands. I should have biked instead because I ended up walking another 4.5 miles. I was exhausted by the time I got home and promptly took a 4 hour nap! I don't really like napping in the middle of the day, so I know my body really need the rest it when I nap for that long. The day was almost over by the time I got up so I wasn't as productive as I planned, but I did make some more of homemade chocolate covered granola bars. Man, these things are amazingly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails