- Last week was great as I got back to running/biking and began my 10K training. I ran 8+ miles (plus 2+ miles in warm up/cool down walks) and biked 20+ miles.
- I was down to 126.8 lbs on Saturday; a few bad choices over the weekend had me back up yesterday, but it's back down to 127.8 this morning.
- While I'd like to get down to 125 to have a nice buffer away from 130, I don't think I really need to lose more weight because I am already a size 2 ( or 4 depending on the store/style) and I don't really want to look like a twig. I just want to lose the remaining belly fat and tone up my body, so I guess I need to focus on lifting weights and eating right.
- I tried pilates last night and it kicked my butt, but I can see how it is a great core workout. I am going to get a beginner pilates DVD and try to do it on a regular basis. I'll alternate with yoga because I still like its relaxing and stretching benefits better.
- We started a 30-day pescatarian challenge in an attempt to broaden our horizons and explore new recipes. If anybody has good resources for easy vegetarian / pescatarian recipes, please comment.
- Does anyone use twitter? If so, follow my fitness updates at kitzzyruns or random musings at kitzzy. Post your username in the comments and I'll be happy to follow you and offer encouragement and motivation along your journey.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
I'm going to keep it short and sweet today. In fact, let's use bullets: