Let's count the ways this run sucked:
- I couldn't get my breathing right; I think I was out of breath after 2 miles.
- The foot pain came back after the first mile or so. I think it went away, but I really need to figure out how to keep this from happening every time.
- I got side stitches--on BOTH sides!
- I could hear the right headphone (and maybe the left one at the end) moving around in my ear and it was driving me crazy. This has been happening for a while and I do not know how to stop it. It did not happen when I first started running, but I think it manifested itself as I started running longer and faster. I got new Nike Sport headphones because I thought it was my old headphones, but it is still happening. It is the most infuriating thing ever and I can't seem to ignore it.
- I brought my water bottle and the sloshing of the water was driving me up a wall too. I am tempted to get a hydration belt, but I am sure that will have the same problem. However, at least I wouldn't have to hold anything, which is another annoyance in itself.
- In fact, I seemed to be hypersensitive to everything today because even my running shirt, which I've worn for the past 3 runs was bothering me.
- Mon - run 1.5 mi
- Tue - rest / bike 5 mi
- Wed - run 1.75 mi / bike 5.2 m
- Thu - rest / bike 5.2 mi
- Fri - run 2.12 mi / bike 4.8 mi
- Sat - run 3 mi
- (Sun - rest/yoga)
- run = 8+ miles
- walk = 2+ miles (warm up / cool down)
- bike = 20+ miles