Tuesday, August 12, 2008

10K Training - Week 3 Run 1

2.53 miles in 35:02 minutes (13:52/mile pace) at 6:30 a.m.

Today's run was great! I slacked off and did not run or bike yesterday, so I was out the door by 6:30 this morning. I pushed myself a bit and ran 2.5 miles in 35 minutes without any walking breaks. The best part is that the run felt great and I was hardly out of breath. This confirms that my lackluster performance last week was due to the heat and I was just not pushing myself at all. This pace felt good. Perhaps I'll try that 5k this weekend after all, but I'm going to wait until later in the week to decide that.

Splits (pace):

Mile 1 = 14:45
Mile 2 = 13:48
Finish (.53) = 12:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back in stride, keep it up! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Well done you! As I'm in the early stages of my Couch to 5K running programme, I look at your blog for inspiration!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails