Wednesday, August 6, 2008

10K Training - Week 2 Run 2

2 miles in 28:15 (14:13/mile pace) at 7:15 a.m.

I almost didn't go run this morning (I know, this is becoming a pattern). I tried pilates on Monday, and today my abs were killing me. I got out there anyway. The run went well for the most part. I was actually running a tad faster than my previous runs, but it felt comfortable. That is, until the last few minutes when I began getting a cramp in my lower abdomen. I pushed through it until I hit 2 miles, then walked the rest to get to 30 minutes. I could barely even walk those 2 minutes and felt ill when I got home. I headed to the bathroom, but that was not it. So I just laid on the floor until it passed.

To make matters worse, I'm still having issues with my headphones, so I took them off and stuff them in my bra. I think I'll run without music from now on because that's better than dealing with the damn headphones. I am just not sure how that's going to work when I am running for an hour instead of 30 minutes and I have to deal with hearing the sloshing of my water bottle.

Has anyone tired dailymile? It is new and soon to have twitter integration. I have some invites if anyone wants to try it.

1 comment:

radiosilents said...

Pilates will definitely kick your butt -- I mean abs, haha! I have been meaning to get back into it again and eventually will. It's funny, after I finished my first 5K, I've had soreness in my lower abs when I run. It feels like a muscle thing, maybe for me just because my belly is bouncing around a bit? But I just find it odd that it only started doing that recently. I was thinking that maybe somehow running works on your core, too. Who knows?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails