- Sun - biked 45 mile to Wekiva
- Mon - are you kidding? NOTHING!
- Actually, that's not true, swam 100 m and biked 1.7 miles -- see, nothing ;)
- Tue - swam 500 yds + ran/walked 3 miles (easy)
- Wed - 30 min kickboxing
- Thu - 6 workout madness: run, swim, bike, swim, bike, yoga
- Fri - are you kidding? NOTHING! For real this time!
- Sat - ran 5 miles + played kickball for 1 hour
- Sun - swam 500 yds + biked 5.45 miles
I'm dead now! *thunk*
So today I planned to do a mock tri in preparation for my first (sub)spring triathlon next Saturday at Lake Louisa: 1/4 mile swim, 7 mile bike (on hills), 1.5 mile run. Things did not go quite as planned. I failed miserable at swimming 9 consecutive laps. Ok, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but I kept loosing my rhythm and messing up my breathing. I had to pause at the wall a few times and several times I stopped mid-length to tread water or get on my back and catch my breath. I think I can do better when I am not so tired and don't have the wall there as a crutch, but I will probably freak out at being in a lake and surrounded by all those people instead =P
After the swim, MaryLynn and I went for what was supposed to be a 7 mile bike ride. I was hurting from the beginning. Let it be known that I shall never again underestimate the exhaustive power of childhood sports (kickball). We rode from Cady Way park and turned around at the end of the trail (before you cross the street to go to Cross Seminole Trail) for a total of 5.45 miles. MaryLynn forgot one of her running shoes, so that was a good enough excuse for me to skip the run too ;) I was really beat and now everything hurts and my skin is burning/radiating heat.
Needless to say, tomorrow WILL be a rest day :)
Below is my plan for the rest of the week. All workouts should be done at an easy pace OR optional ;)
- Mon - REST! And possibly some relaxing yoga
- Tue - Run/Swim at Cady Way before work
- Wed - Bike - to/from work or on trail after work
- Thu - Lucky's Lake to get the freaking out over with AND/OR run/swim after work (maybe) OR REST/YOGA
- Fri - REST! YOGA!
- Sat - RACE DAY!!
Whose idea was it for me to do a triathlon in the first place? And whose idea was it to do it next weekend? Ack! =)