Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Atypical Afternoon Bike Commute

Wow, two posts in one day! I actually have several more in the queue (spoilers: bike camping recap; commuting by bike vs bus; the joy of running), but I just have to post about my very bizarre bike ride home this afternoon.

About a half hour before I left work, it was pouring sheets of rain and the radar showed a huge angry red blob on top of us. I almost got a ride home with Amy, but the rain stopped by the time it was time to go so I headed home on the bike. The rain was moving towards downtown, staying mostly in front of me, which made for a cooler (almost cold) ride. It started to drizzle a bit, but it was quite enjoyable. I counted 6 bunnies while riding in Blanchard Park, then things got weird. 

As I rode under the Econ Trail overpass, some guy sprints (on foot) ahead of me across the wooden bridge.  I figured he's just some random runner. When I get to the end of the bridge, there he is with his pants down exposing and pleasuring himself at me. I turned and shook my head and sped away. I was dumbfounded and a little uneasy, but then I saw 3 more bunnies and put the incident behind me ... or so I thought.

I crossed Harrell Rd and saw him again behind a tree waiting and looking for me, I presume. WTF! As soon as I saw him, I sped up. He whistled and shouted at me when he spotted me; I flicked him off and shouted some colorful words and sped off. Now I was really freaked out. Was this guy following me? How the hell did he even get in front of me on the trail? The more I go over this in my head, the more I question it because it just seems impossible, but it looked like the same guy in the same clothes.

I felt uneasy for the rest of the ride, and kept looking in my rearview mirror expecting him to pop out of thin air at any moment. I stopped at the mexican store to call Jason (he had rode ahead of me) but he did not answer. The rain picked up a bit, and I considered hanging out at the store until it passed, but I just wanted to get home. I didn't see the guy anywhere, and there are more people around for the rest of the ride so I pressed on. I felt a little cold, so I put on my cycling jacket. The rest of the ride was fairly uneventful. This was certainly a first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails