Thursday, June 24, 2010

Three Things Thursday: No Car Update, Mini Vacation, Running

#1 - Living without a car is going to kill me! LOL All this biking and running leaves me exhausted most nights, and I barely have enough energy or time to blog after dinner before I have to get my stuff ready for the next day or go to bed early. However, I suspect the real culprit is not the extra cycling, but waking up before 4 am twice a week to run with my group because I can't seem to go to bed early enough the night before -- 8 pm is just too early and it is still light out! So I'm going to ride the bus more until my body gets used to waking up so early, and then I may add more biking back in.

#2 - We're going on a mini vacation this weekend (Fri-Sun) to visit Jason's parents in Ft. Lauderdale. It will be a fun adventure as we ride the train there and bike to and from the station with our new bike trailer. I'll be sure to take plenty of photos. In fact, maybe I'll do a "Day in the Life" photo album ... maybe. This means I'll miss my group run on Saturday :( and will have to do my 10 mile long run on my own, but I'm not worried because I've done it before. I really need this mini vacation because all we've been doing lately is exercise, work, eat, sleep, repeat.

#3 - I can't think of a 3rd thing. I am sure I had one, but it escapes me at the moment. So I'll just say that I'm really enjoying my running and I'm feeling really strong. Even though I am tired, I still find motivation to run, I just skip the rest. Now I just need to get back in the groove of doing yoga, core, and strength training regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails